Wawona has adopted the following Dress Code Policy in accordance with FUSD; it will be strictly enforced at school and for all school-related activities, both on and off campus. Wawona students will be required to dress and appear in a manner that does not distract from the school's learning environment and adhere to "good taste". Any apparel, cosmetic, or jewelry, even if not specifically mentioned below, which creates a safety concern, draws undue attention to the wearer, or tends to detract from the educational process is prohibited.
The below listed clothing items and dress styles are NOT allowed:
· NO MORE THAN 50% RED ON ANY ARTICLE OF CLOTHING. (Shirts, pants, shoes, jackets, socks, shoes laces, ect…..) NO BLEEDING (Administration determines)
· Clothing or accessories with professional or college sports team or any team logos. (NO FRESNO STATE/HOYAS)
· Attire that may be used as a weapon.
· Clothing, numbers, or accessories that display gang symbols or would otherwise be considered "gang related".
· Clothing that depicts profanity, tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or sex.
· Clothing or accessories with pictures or slogans that are deemed obscene or that violate state hate crime laws.
· Tops that show bare midriffs.
· Halter or off-the-shoulder tops.
· Crop tops, tube tops, or racer-back tops.
· Tank tops with straps that are less than 2 inches wide.
· Baggy or sagging pants or shorts. Pants and shorts must be worn at the waist.
· No visible undergarments or PE shorts under pants.
· Bike shorts (spandex)
· Shorts, skorts, and dresses shorter than mid-thigh.
· Flip-flops or backless shoes of any kind. Sandals must have heel straps.
· Slippers, pajamas or other sleepwear.
· No Pro/College teams, inappropriate wording/pictures, or signs
· Hoods on sweatshirts/jackets are not to be worn at any time while on campus or during school functions.
· Sunglasses are not to be worn indoors unless prescribed by a physician.
· Attire could mean: Hats, shirts, belts, shoes, shoe laces, jackets, bandanas/handkerchiefs, and backpacks.
All 7th and 8th grade students are to wear their lanyards with their school-issued identification cards at all times and it must be visible.
If lost, a replacement may be purchased for $2 in the front office.
Letter to Parents Wawona Standard of Dress.docx
Wawona K-8 OPT-IN Standard of Dress Final 19-20.docx