Fresno High School
Where innovation meets historical excellence. Tradition. Honor. Excellence. These words describe the core of the Fresno High experience. New construction with modern technology-rich classrooms blends with the architectural features of historic Royce Hall. Walking the hallways, you see students engaged in challenging academic work and activities designed to connect with real-world situations. Staff are committed to the vision of providing an academically rigorous and relevant program which teaches students to act responsibly, think critically, and contribute to a changing global society. No matter your interest, there is a place for you at Fresno High.
Feeder patterns are the elementary, K-8, and middle schools which feed into each high school. Any student attending a school on a transfer does not automatically move to the middle or high school without a new transfer.
The feeder pattern for Fresno High School:
- Cooper Academy
- Del Mar Elementary School
- Fort Miller Middle School
- Fremont Elementary School
- Hamilton K-8 School
- Heaton Elementary School
- Homan Elementary School
- Muir Elementary School
- Roeding Elementary School
- Williams Elementary School
- Wilson Elementary School
Magnet School in the Region
Hamilton TK-8 Global Studies. Hamilton’s program highlights the rich culture of our world through global discoveries of the arts. Hamilton emphasizes the importance of thinking skills, which strengthens learning in all content areas.
Specialty Schools in the Region
Cooper Academy 6-8 International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Cooper Academy is a Middle Years Programme (MYP) World School. The 6th-8th grade MYP is a challenging framework that encourages all students to make practical connections between their studies and the real world. The mission of Cooper Academy is to develop a community of life-long learners who collaborate with parents and staff to create a better world through inquiry, intercultural understanding, and respect. Admission preference is given to students within the Fresno High attendance zone.
Fresno High School 9-12 International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. A comprehensive High School experience focused on the International Baccalaureate Programme. At Fresno High School every student receives a rigorous learning experience at grades 9th and 10th through the Middle Years’ Programme. This is followed by a rich experience with a combination of college preparatory and college level classes and opportunities to be involved in five (5) Career Programs. The 11th and 12th-grade experiences allow students to earn the prestigious International Baccalaureate Awards of either a full diploma, courses designation or a career-related diploma. These opportunities are enhanced with outside projects and research as well as experiences in language development and community services.
- Construction Design & Technology Academy: an I.B. Career Programme developing students’ skills in construction, engineering, and architecture through CADD (Computer Aided Drafting and Design), blue print design and creation, carpentry, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing, leading to industry certifications upon completion. Students can earn college dual enrollment credit and industry certifications.
- Army JROTC Career Programme: an I.B. Career Programme teaching the core tenets of citizenship, leadership, character and community service. Students learn and apply military principles along with aerospace science technology and its usage. Upon completion, students will be prepared to enlist in any military branch, enroll in college and prepare for a career.
- Video Production & Broadcasting Career Programme (Warrior Entertainment): an I.B. Career Programme covering the technology and development of film and television through writing, producing, directing, filming, and editing original films. Warrior Entertainment provides students with artistic, creative, and historical background in the fields of video, broadcasting, and film production leading to industry certifications and college dual enrollment credits.