Revised: January 2019
The responsibility for the dress and appearance of a student rests primarily with the student and their parents or guardians. In the interest of maintaining an appropriate learning environment, the district believes in the following basic principles:
* All students are encouraged to dress in a manner that is appropriate, comfortable and conducive to an active academic school day.
* Students should be able to wear clothing without fear of or actual unnecessary discipline or body shaming.
* The student dress code should serve to support all students to develop a body-positive self-image.
* The district standard dress and appearance policy is gender neutral and applies to all students equally regardless of gender on school campuses and at school-sponsored functions and will be enforced consistently and fairly by all members of the school staff
* Clothing and hair styles are a matter of personal choice (except for schools with uniforms). The school shall be concerned only when these impact the health and safety of students and staff.
B.P. 5132 A.R. 5132