Raise Money for the Class of 2021 through Walk/Run!
Beginning in October, the district’s IPledge campaign will focus on raising scholarship money for this year’s seniors, including a Walk/Run for the Class of 2021. Due to COVID-19, the district is unable to hold its annual State of Education luncheon in October, the largest source of support for the Fresno Unified Scholarship Fund. The district awarded $118,000 in scholarships last spring to 61 seniors.
Instead, a virtual Walk/Run for the Class of 2021 campaign is underway, inviting sponsors of all levels to participate in a 5K walk/run on their own. All participants get a free commemorative T-shirt and swag bag. Participants can walk or run at the time, day and location of their choice individually (or with a small group, social distancing).
What You Need to Know:
- Deadline for Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsors: September 25
- Virtual kick-off for the walk/run: October 1
- Deadline for other sponsors/participants to enter the walk/run: October 16
- Pickup/delivery of walk/run T-shirts: November 12-13
- Virtual announcement of money raised and invitation to walk/run for scholarships: November 14
Interested in being a sponsor? Click here to Sign up for the Walk/Run for the Class of 2021 or